- Try to use boxes that are uniform in size, they are easier to stack.
- Keep the heavy boxes on the bottom and the light ones on top.
- Leave small walkways between the boxes and furniture in your storage unit so you can easily get to the items you want without having to move anything around.
- If you're storing a lot of packing boxes in your unit, try to fill them to the top, even if it is only with padding or newspaper. Boxes that are only half full tend to collapse if anything is placed on them.
- Our storage facility has ample security; however it is still wise to take a few precautions of your own against theft. Pack your storage unit so that your most valuable items are at the back and purchase a high quality padlock to put on the door.
- If you are storing a refrigerator in your unit, leave the door ajar. This will prevent mold from growing inside during storage.
- Under no circumstances should you keep anything flammable or combustible in your storage unit. This means no gasoline, oil, cleaning fluids or paint thinner. If you are storing any machinery that runs on gas, drain the tank before you store it.